Frigid temperatures, heavy snow, icy roads, strong winds, flooding and more can make winter particularly dangerous. Make sure you and your loved ones are prepared for hazardous weather this winter.
- Check out the National Weather Service’s Winter Safety website!
- Understand the difference between a Winter Storm Watch, Winter Storm Warning and a Winter Weather Advisory:
- When a warning is issued: TAKE ACTION!
- When a watch is issued: Get Prepared!
- When an advisory is issued: Take Precautions!
- Build an emergency supply kit for your car.
- Get a NOAA Weather Radio.
- Prepare for winter storms by winterizing your home and stocking at least three days of non-perishable food and water.